We're a venture-backed, Series A startup developing a new product category for the physical security industry - autonomous access control. We use 3D facial authentication and AI to enable highly secure and frictionless entry into enterprise environments, either in single factor (face-only) or dual-factor (face & badge).
Alcatraz AI is looking for a Technical Writer. As a technical writer, you'll be responsible for creating simplified user content, including technical manuals, training guides, journal articles, tutorials, and software documentation. With subject matter experts to guide you through the entire process, you'll make complex information accessible to employees and the target audience.
Your efforts will result in smooth technical communication (in print and audio-visual) between the technology developers and different departments, key stakeholders, and target customers.
This position will report directly to the VP of Engineering and indirectly to the Director of Marketing.
- Plan, create and modify technical documents, including user specifications, reference manuals, and product manuals for both hardware and software products.
- Plan, create, and modify marketing documents, including case studies and blog posts.
- Consult with the product and engineering teams to review, modify, and revise complex documentation for all departments, employees, and audiences.
- Assess and evaluate the installer and end-user needs and level of knowledge relevant to technical documentation.
- Interpret complex software and hardware product features and functions and translate them into a concise, relevant, and readable format.
- Collaborate with product designers and developers to study product samples and make instructions easier to comprehend.
- Proofread and edit content created by team members and other staff.
- Integrate user-friendly content in illustrations, graphs, and infographics for enhanced user experience.
- Write, review, and organize online help content to facilitate end-users.
- Select and adopt a uniform writing style across all media and other platforms for consistency within and outside the organization.
- Indulge in user research for feedback, revisions, and improvement in technical content.
- The candidate holds a bachelor's degree in a technical field such as Computer Science or Engineering. If the candidate has a degree in a non-technical field such as Journalism, English, or Communications, they must have some technical or scientific knowledge and experience/training.
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent writing and grammatical skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite or related software
- Proficient with Google Workspace (formally G-Suite) or related software
- Flexibility to work with team members located in different time zones
– Sofia Bulgaria (UTC/GMT +2)
– Boston, MA, USA and Indianapolis, IN, USA (UTC/GMT -5)
– Redwood City, CA, USA (UTC/GMT -8)
- The candidate preferably has spent one or more years as a technical writer for engineering, IT, management, or related industries (such as consumer electronics, computer systems, and software publishers).
- Experience in the physical security market
- Experience in startup culture with <100 employees
- Located in Sofia, Bulgaria or Indianapolis, USA
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org