We're an award-winning, Series A startup, backed by Silicon Valley VCs, as well as some of the largest security companies in the world. We are disrupting the twenty-one billion-dollar access control industry through facial recognition and artificial intelligence. Our product is a frictionless and secure physical access control platform built with our proprietary full-stack software and hardware that integrates into the existing security infrastructure in corporations. Enterprises choose us to modernize their infrastructure and deliver a touchless and secure solution for their employees.
You will be a member of a world-class software development team that is comprised of Software Engineers and DevOps Engineers. The team is responsible for developing, maintaining, and scaling the Alcatraz product suite. Products include Embedded IoT Devices, On-Premise Server Software running on Windows or Linux, and Cloud Hosted Software hosted on AWS. Your goal is to support our growing customer base in a work environment that is fast-paced and collaborative. If you love diverse challenges, know how to deliver, and thrive in an exciting, high-visibility environment, we want to talk with you.
Alcatraz is seeking technically skilled candidates with excellent interpersonal (written and verbal) skills for the Technical Support Engineer (TSE) position. As a TSE you will own troubleshooting our devices and systems, eliminating root causes for reported issues, proactively testing and eliminating issues, and building tooling to identify and resolve customer-facing issues. Key metrics you will be contributing to are towards the health of our devices and systems measured by the volume of reported issues and time to resolve issues.
- Remote and On-Site troubleshooting and repair of customer reported product issues
- Remote and On-Site installation and commissioning devices and software
- Monitoring and administration of AWS infrastructure
- Interfacing directly with customers (Dealers and End-Users) using phone, email, and chat to provide support and updates in a timely manner
- Software development experiences in at least one programming language, such as Go, Java, C#, PHP, C++, Ruby, Python, or Perl
- Linux OS administration experience
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related field and 5+ years of experience
- Self-disciplined, diligent, proactive, and detail-oriented
- Proven ability to make decisions in a timely manner with incomplete or ambiguous information
- Excellent team player capable of learning and sharing knowledge in a global team environment
- Works well in a fast-moving team environment and is able to juggle many tasks and projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Physically located in the United States
- Windows OS administration experience
- Microsoft, Linux, AWS, or Cisco certifications
- Basic electronic troubleshooting experience
- Physical Security technology troubleshooting experience
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org