Unlock your future with Alcatraz AI!
Alcatraz AI is looking for a Technical Support Engineer to provide best-in-class support to our partners and end-users as they implement our full-stack hardware and software solutions. The ideal candidate will possess strong organizational skills, close attention to detail, and solid communication skills. In addition, a strong candidate is flexible with change, comfortable in a fast-paced environment, and eager to impact the organization as they elevate the experience of our customers.
- Provide remote support to installers, end-users, and AAI field personnel for installing and using all AAI products using video conferencing, phone, email, and remote desktop software.
- Communicate with customers to gather information, diagnose problems, and provide solutions.
- Escalate issues to appropriate AAI internal teams and work with them to resolve the issues when necessary while providing timely updates to customers.
- Track issues within the support ticketing system.
- Provide updates and curation of the public Knowledge Base to enable self-help for partners and end-users.
- Provide remote training for partners and end-users.
- Based on experiences with installers and end-users, provide product and engineering teams feedback to improve the AAI products and processes.
- As an AAI product subject matter expert, there may be times when the Technical Support Engineer may need to travel to the customer site to assist with installation, commissioning, training, or problem resolution.
- The Technical Support Engineer will be the first employee hired into a strictly Technical Support role (today, Technical Support is the part-time job of several Alcatraz employees). As such, the candidate shall be experienced with Technical Support and need little guidance as to best practices. As the business grows, there may be the opportunity to manage people as the Technical Support team will need to expand to support more significant numbers of deployments, partners, and a growing installed base.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience in a technical field.
- Minimum five years experience in technical support
- Must have a customer-focused, friendly, positive attitude and be service-oriented
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills are a must
- Experience with HubSpot, Zendesk, or similar ticket tracking systems
- Experience installing, configuring, and using physical access control systems such as those offered by Software House, Genetec, Lenel, and AMAG
- Experience with video management systems such as those offered by Genetec, Milestone, and American Dynamics
- Experience installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Windows and Linux systems
- Experience with switches, routers, TCP/IP protocol, and monitoring tools such as Wireshark for troubleshooting network communications issues
- Familiarity with advanced IT systems such as 802.1x, PKI, and TLS preferred
- Outstanding written and verbal skills are required
We’re an award-winning Series A startup backed by Silicon Valley VCs and some of the largest security companies in the world. We are disrupting the $70B access control industry through facial authentication and artificial intelligence. Our product is a frictionless and secure physical access control platform built with our proprietary full-stack software and hardware that integrates into the existing security infrastructure in corporations. Enterprises choose us to modernize their
infrastructure and deliver a touchless and secure solution for their employees.
- Alcatraz offers a great solution that IS the next generation of physical security access control that our customers love!
- Alcatraz is a high-profile startup with great market momentum and enormous potential.
- Alcatraz hires builders, makers, brewers, and bakers. If you enjoy creating, you’ll love working with us.
Alcatraz is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org