We're an award-winning, Series A startup, backed by Silicon Valley VCs, as well as some of the largest security companies in the world. We are disrupting the twenty-one billion dollar access control industry through facial recognition and artificial intelligence. Our product is a frictionless and secure physical access control platform built with our proprietary full-stack software and hardware that integrates into the existing security infrastructure in corporations. Enterprises choose us to modernize their infrastructure and deliver a touchless and secure solution for their employees.
- Provide remote support for Alcatraz Field Ops Engineers, Installers and End Users.
- Provide remote training for Partners and End Users.
- Use our service desk tool - Zendesk - extensively.
- Update the Knowledge Base continually. As a rule, answer every question using a link to the KB. Prepare new KB content answering original questions.
- Follow-up on every partner or customer ticket until resolved. Work with Alcatraz internal resources to gather information and to understand the internal plan to resolve, checking-in periodically until resolved, running internal status meetings if/as necessary. Communicate updates to the partner or end user on a regular cadence until resolved.
- Prepare a retrospective after each new issue with observations and suggestions for Alcatraz product and process improvements that will improve the Partner and End User experience.
- In collaboration with Engineering, Product and Marketing, prepare customer-facing release notes for each release adding them to the KB.
- As a product subject matter expert, sometimes the Customer Support Lead Engineer may need to travel to the customer site to assist with installation, commissioning, training or problem resolution.
- The Customer Support Lead Engineer can expect to sometimes be on-call at night and on weekends.
- The Customer Support Lead Engineer will be the first employee hired into a strictly Customer Support role (today Customer Support is the part-time job of several Alcatraz employees), as such the candidate shall be experienced with Partner and Customer Support and need little guidance as to best practices. As the business grows there will be the opportunity to manage people as the Customer Support team will need to expand to support larger numbers of deployments, partners and a growing installed base.
- Metrics & KPIs: Partner and End User Customer satisfaction scores exceed 90%; time to respond, time to resolve, # open unresolved tickets, # new KB articles contributed per month. Customer & Partner Net Promoter Score (NPS).
- B.Eng in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Information Technology or equivalent.
- Minimum ten years experience with customer support ● Experience installing, configuring and operating physical access control systems including Lenel, Software House, AMAG and Genetec.
- VMS, ONVIF Camera, and Cabling experience preferred.
- Ability to install, conﬁgure, support and troubleshoot Windows, Hyper-V and Linux.
- Exposure to switches, routers, TCP/IP protocol, Monitoring tools ( e.g Wireshark ) Windows Servers/Clients, Active Directory.
- Exposure to open source tools for REST client side development (e.g Postman).
- Familiarity with public key infrastructure (PKI) and cryptographic protocols (e.g. SSL/
- Strong networking background, can configure or debug computers and edge devices to communicate over Ethernet, via static or dynamic IP, able to resolve firewall (port blocking), subnet, NTP or DNS issues.
- Familiarity with Authentication Protocols (802.1x w/Radius, MAC Whitelisting, Captive.
- Portal Guest Access, etc.) preferred.
- Analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills are necessary.
- Must have a “customer first” attitude and be service oriented, friendly and possess a positive attitude.
- Outstanding written and verbal skills are required.
- Strong computer hardware and software troubleshooting skills, plus a desire to consistently update those skills while maintaining outstanding customer service.
Apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org